This accessibility statement relates to this website, which is part of the Bluetree website platform.
It is important to make websites accessible to the widest possible audience. Therefore this site has been designed to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 AA, but also satisfies many other checkpoints laid out in the Guidelines for level AAA.
These guidelines are intended to make website content accessible to people with disabilities. They also help to ensure that slower devices and Internet connections do not impede substantially on navigating the website.
Therefore, you should be able to:-
- Zoom in up to 300% without test spilling off the screen using your web browser settings. For example, in Chrome, hold down the ctrl key and press the + and - keys. In Safari, hold down the cmd key and press the + and - keys.
- Navigate most of the website using a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website with a screen reader
- Read most of the website with a Braille device
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have additional access needs.
What we do to improve accessibility
The website administrator is responsible for the accessibility of this website. However, the developers regularly review design and functionality accessibility on the website platform, including:-
- Improving layouts and colours to enhance simplicity and contrast
- Ensuring that text appears in a legible font size
- Ensuring that tap targets are an accessible size and not too small or close together
- Considering accessibility in all design and functionality decisions
- Publishing best practice for website administrators relating to content accessibility
How accessible is the website platform?
Due to the devolved nature of the administration of a website platform, the responsibility for accessibility of content rests with the content creators. The developers are aware of the potential to add or modify content that is not as accessible as it could be, including:-
- Images used as links
- Broken links
- Text as images in some locations, such as infographics and logos, without supportive descriptions
- Non-optimal images and pdfs, such as scanned letters
- Some historic images lack alternative text (prior to August 2016, when alt text became mandatory on the platform)
- Not all videos feature subtitles and/or descriptive text
The developers of the website platform have no control over nor can take any responsibility for the content added to the website, but strive to resolve these where possible through aspects of the functionality as well as integral and disseminated best practice. It is entirely possible for all of these accessibility issues to be resolved by content creators themselves.
This website has been optimised for the latest versions of the following browsers:-
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
If the website does not display correctly, please update to the latest version of your browser.
How to request information in an accessible format
This website has its own administrator and if you need information in a different format, please contact that individual using the form or details on the Contact page in the menu. Alternatively, you can write to the address in the footer if one appears.
Reporting accessibility problems
This website has its own administrator and if you find any problems that are not listed on this page or if you think the website is not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact the administrator using the form or details on the Contact page in the menu. Alternatively, you can write to the address in the footer if one appears. If necessary, information about structural or design accessibility issues will be passed to the developers to include in the development roadmap.
If you contact us with a complaint about accessibility and you are not happy with our response, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
From time to time, other website developers copy this Accessibility statement for use on their own websites. This statement applies exclusively to the accessibility of genuine Bluetree websites and is unlikely to be valid on other platforms, websites or servers. We have no control over website developers who copy this statement for their own purposes, which is a breach of copyright, but if you are reading this on a genuine Bluetree website, you will see 'Powered by Bluetree' at the bottom of the footer.